Abstracts can be accessed via the online program planner website. You can also view the PDF of the abstract directory.
Outstanding Poster Presentation Award Winners
ASGCT congratulates the 19th Annual Meeting Outstanding Poster Presentation award winners! Click here to view the list of award recipients.
Benefits of Presenting an Abstract at ASGCT
Associate Members who are the first and presenting author on an abstract will receive free registration for the ASGCT 19th Annual Meeting. Apply for 2016 membership if you aren't an Associate Member. Registration for the 19th Annual Meeting is open and you can register by clicking here. For any questions, please contact Ken Janowski at 414-278-1341 at the ASGCT Executive Office.
Meritorious Abstract Travel Awards
- ASGCT announced the Meritorious Abstract Travel Awards to Associate Members (students or postdoctoral fellows) who submitted abstracts and received an average review score of between 1 and 3.5.
- Award winners were required to be Associate Members.
Outstanding Poster Presentation Awards
- ASGCT will again be giving Outstanding Poster Presentation Awards to attendees from each abstract category during each poster session.
- Awards will be given based on an onsite review during each poster session by the respective Poster Review Teams.
- If you would like to volunteer to be a Poster Presentation Reviewer for the ASGCT 19th Annual Meeting, please click here.
Abstract Presentation Information
- Abstract acceptance notifications were sent via email in mid-March 2016. If you have not received a notification, please contact Ken Janowski.
- Accepted abstracts have been scheduled for Oral Presentations or Poster Presentations.
- The official acceptance letter, which includes all details of a presentation including date, time and location, is available online.
- International Attendees can obtain an official letter of invitation for their visa application here. If you encounter any problems generating the letter, contact Ken Janowski.
Oral Abstract Presentations
- Each year approximately 25% of the accepted abstracts receive oral abstract presentations.
- Oral abstract presentations are formal PowerPoint presentations given during 2-hour simultaneous oral abstract sessions, where a total of 8 abstracts are presented.
- Presentation are 10 minutes in length followed by 5 minutes of Q & A.
- 75% of the abstract presentations at the Annual Meeting are presented during one of the three poster sessions.
- Poster sessions allow the presenter to illustrate the abstract on a poster board and discuss the abstract with attendees present at the poster session.
- Authors must be present during a two hour evening poster session where their abstract has been assigned.
- Posters should fit on a board that is 8' w x 4' h (243 cm. x 121 cm.). For complete poster guidelines, click here.
- Poster presenters will be able to create their posters online for a fee through the website. Posters will be shipped directly to the ASGCT 19th Annual Meeting for pickup at the registration desk.
Visit this page again for further information and links.